Migrant Famliy Ministries
During the months of May-August, hundreds of seasonal farm workers and their families move to John’s Island, South Carolina.
During this period, we are a part of an ecumenical ministry that provides a variety of services with the itinerate farmer families, including:
- Arranging medical and/or dental care.
- Providing recreational activities for children where they live and/or transporting them to various parks, beaches or attractions throughout the area.
- Providing items of clothing, food or personal supplies.
- Providing translation and interpretation services.
- Ministering to adults and children through fellowship and witness.
Although the seasonal farmworker’s time on John’s Island is brief, it provides a great opportunity for ministry.